Meet Your Lynchburg Orthodontist
Dr. Mark Blanchette, also known as "Dr. B." to his patients, credits his mom and his own orthodontist as instrumental in motivating him to become the orthodontist that he is today. He has been a member of the Lynchburg community for more than 25 years and has truly enjoyed every moment of it.
Though he works hard to make your treatment as efficient as possible, he enjoys the fact that orthodontic treatment affords him and his staff the time to become well-acquainted with each patient and their family. Dr. B. enjoys talking to patients about their day and how school is going as well as any sports or activities they are currently involved in (he is a sports nut!).
Dr. Mason Bates is a native of Houston, Texas and will forever love a good pair of boots, Tex-Mex food, and country music. He and his lovely wife, Courtney, welcomed their first daughter to their family in July 2021. They also have an energetic pup named Kali who loves to adventure around Virginia's great outdoors with them.
Dr. Bates considers it a true blessing to be able to impact his patients by providing the smile they've always dreamed of. He prides himself on providing excellent treatment results and building lasting relationships with his patients and their families.
Why an Orthodontist in Lynchburg?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Lynchburg Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Lynchburg orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Lynchburg orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Blanchette & Bates Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Lynchburg area.